lundi 1 juillet 2019

JQuery preventDefault not stopping page from reloading

I have a form in my html page and for some reason with the jquery command it won't stop reloading the page. I've tried removing the post method adding javscript:void(0). Changed

$('like_unlike').submit(function( event ) {
            event.preventDefault();
});

to

$('like_unlike').on("submit", function( event ) {
            event.preventDefault();
});

I don't understand I can't get the form to send a post request to my php side without relaoding the page. I'm using ajax to send a post request but either the page "sends" and changes the page to expired or nothing happens.

Here is my HTML

<form id="like_unlike">
    <input type="hidden" name="art" value="">
    <input type="image" onclick="likeButton()" class="article-like pl-2 float-right" src="" alt="" id="unlike">
    <input type="image" onclick="unlikeButton()" class="article-like pl-2 float-right" src="" alt="" id="like">
</form>

I'm using Laravel 5.8



via Chebli Mohamed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire